To add a simple product in the product master you need to:
- Go to Catalog -> Products
- Click on New Product Button
- In the Create Product Dialog enter the following mandatory details:
- SKU - the SKU that uniquely identifies the product.
- Name - The name by which you want to identify the product
- Tax - The tax rate for the product. Default GST tax rates are already set up for you and you can choose one from the list.
- HSN Code - the HSN code of the product. Click on search for the HSN in case you don't know the HSN code for your product.
- Click on the Save button to save the product in the system
So you may be wondering what are the other fields in the form. These are non-mandatory fields:
- Image Link - Specify the link to the product image. You can use dropbox or any image hosting site link.
- Scan Identifier - The EAN Code/UPC Code for the product.
- Vendor SKU - The SKU used by your vendor. This will be useful in case you want to generate the purchase order with the vendor.
- Selling Price - The price at which you will be selling to your customer.
- Cost Price - The cost price at which you purchase the product.
- MRP - The maximum retail price as specified for the product.
- Brand - The brand name of the product. You need to make sure the brand is created in the Brand page before you can use it in the product.
- Categories - The category under which you want to classify the product. You need to make sure the category is created on the Category page before you can use it in the product. A product can have multiple categories.
- Size - The size attribute for the product. You need to make sure the size is created in the Size page before you can use it in the product.
- Color - The color attribute for the product. You need to make sure the color is created in the Color page before you can use it in the product.
- Style Code - The style code attribute for the product.
- Model Number - The model number attribute for the product.
- Design - The design pattern attribute for the product.
- Weight - The dead weight of the product in grams.
- Length - The length of the product in centimeters.
- Width - The width of the product in centimeters.
- Height - The height of the product in centimeters.
Product attributes like Brand, Category, Size, Color, Model Number, Design, Style Code helps in analytics. The product dimensions are used for shipment and transport of the product.